Want to walk in your neighborhood, but don’t want to do it alone?
Look no further!
We Walk PHL walking groups meet regularly in FDR Park, Hunting Park and East Fairmount Park.
We Walk PHL is a joint effort of Get Healthy Philly, the Fairmount Park Conservancy, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, and Health Promotion Council to establish walking groups in our city’s beautiful parks. Walking groups are FREE, open to people of all ages and abilities (children under age 18 must attend with an adult), and offered several times each week! Walks last for about an hour, but can be adapted to meet your needs. Walking group leaders are trained in the Walk With Ease program, the Arthritis Foundation’s evidence-based walking program.
Walking Groups by Day of Week:
Sundays: 9 am East Fairmount Park
Benefits of walking for exercise:
- It’s our favorite price- FREE!
- It’s low skill – no special training necessary!
- It’s accessible for all ages and abilities and available just outside your door.
- It’s effective in improving health.
- Benefits add up. Regular walking helps you meet American Heart Association recommendations of 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week.
- You can walk for recreation or transportation
- It’s environmentally friendly – does not cause pollution.
- It builds social connections – walking with a group is a fun way to meet people or strengthen existing relationships.
Walking Groups by Park:
2140 N 33rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19121
Meet at Mander Playground (33rd & Diamond)
Tuesdays 6 pm, Wednesdays 9 am, Sundays 9 am
1101 W Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19140
Meet at Hunting Park Rec Center
Tuesdays 8:30 am, Thursdays 8:30 am, Saturdays 9 am
For extra fun and live cooking demonstrations after the Saturday walk
– it’s open between 10-2!
1800 Pattison Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Meet at the FDR Park Boathouse across from the American Swedish Museum.
Wednesdays 8:30 am, Thursdays 6 pm, Saturdays 9 am
Join your neighbors for fresh air, good conversations, and fit in some valuable minutes of fitness. It’s a walk in the park!
Be sure to check the We Walk PHL FB page for scheduling updates and announcements and be sure to share your favorite walking photos by using the hashtag #mymovesmyway when you post!
Find more walking inspiration here: