Tips for Staying Cool in the Heat
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid alcoholic and sugary drinks that cause dehydration.
- When outdoors carry a water bottle with you – preferably a reusable one – and keep it filled up.
- Stock up your freezer with ice cubes to stay prepared.
- Cool off outdoors
- Cool off indoors
- Close the blinds in your house to keep the house cool.
- Open your windows at night to let the cool night air in.
- Go to a public space with air conditioning like you local public library. Museums and malls are great places to stay active and cool. Instead of taking your walk around the park take it through the shops.
- Avoid the hottest heat
- Try to spend your time outdoors during the cooler times of the day: early morning, late afternoon, and in the evening.
Learn more about staying safe in the heat with some tips from The Red Cross.
Stay active and cool with Swim Philly Poolside Programs
Check out Swim Philly’s FREE pool-side Yoga classes and AquaZumba classes happening at 6 pools near you all summer long.
More information is available on our calendar.