‘Tis the season to be … active!
Looking for an inexpensive gift that inspires your loved ones to be active? Giving gifts that encourage your friends and family to be physically active is a unique way to show your love, and doesn’t need to break the bank.
Here are just a few ideas:
- A reusable water bottle – not only is it extremely important to drink water when you’re active, but you need it every day! Drinking water supports your digestive and immune systems, keeps you hydrated, and helps you think clearly.
With so many styles, shapes, colors, and sizes, a water bottle encourages your loved ones to keep drinking water all day. Bonus: a refillable water bottle keeps plastic out of our environment, too!
2. Resistance bands – resistance bands allow you to do strength-training, and to challenge and stretch out your muscles without needing a gym or heavy weights!
They are portable, easy to store and travel with, and adaptable to your comfort level.
3. Jump rope – who says jump rope is just for kids? Jumping rope is a great workout for multiple muscle groups, and it helps with balance and hand-eye-coordination. It’s easy to throw in a bag, and doesn’t require a lot of space. You can even jump rope inside or outside!
And if you like a little competition, see who can jump rope the longest in your family.
4. Bike gear – help your biking friends and family stay safe on the road! Not only is biking a great way to be active, but it’s a healthy alternative to cars – for your body and the environment.
With bike lights, bells, gloves, and more, there’s no shortage of cute accessories to gift that special biker in your life.
Well, maybe not these lights… 🙂
5. Pool accessories – did you know that Philadelphia has more public pools that any other city in the country? 70 of those pools are outdoors and open to the public during the summer months. But 4 of those pools are indoors and open year-round! Swim goggles and bathing caps make an excellent gift for the pool-goers in your life – whether they’re beginner swimmers or regulars at the pool.
The 4 indoor pools are located at:
6. Fitness dice – make moving fun, with some fitness dice! Roll the dice for you or someone else, and see what you get. These are great for being active indoors, taking on a movement challenge, and are fun for the whole family.
Whether you’re looking for a stocking-stuffer, birthday present, or something to inspire your loved ones to be active this season, these are just a few ideas to get you started.
Happy, Healthy Holidays to you and yours!