Our top five tips:
1. Water shoes! Investing in water shoes makes moving around the pool floor a easier on your feet.
2. Sunblock! Even though you’re in the water the sun can still get ya! Be sure to apply waterproof sunblock at least before getting into the water.
3. Hat and Sunnies! Wear a hat and/or sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the sun. Bonus! They make watching the instructor a whole lot easier!
4. Lotion, lotion, lotion! That chlorine can really dry out your skin, make sure to rinse off as soon as possible after getting out of the pool and then lather up. Still ashy? Try applying oil right after you get out of the shower while still wet, air dry, then apply lotion.
5. Conditioner is your hair’s best friend! Just like the chlorine can dry out your skin it can also damage your hair. Try some leave in conditioner or make sure to rinse your hair and condition it once out of the pool. A swim cap can also help protect your hair from the water. One savvy lifeguard told us that she applies conditioner, then a scarf, then 2 swim caps to protect her hair.
Let us know your tips for staying fly after pool fitness classes!