While billions of people around the world enjoy watching the Summer Olympics, there are many opportunities for you to be a part of the fun!
VOLLEYBALL WAS CONCEIVED AS A LESS STRENUOUS ALTERNATIVE TO BASKETBALL. THE SPORT BECAME POPULAR VERY QUICKLY AND MADE ITS OLYMPIC DEBUT IN 1964.
If you’re tired of the same exercise routine, it’s time to put some spark to your workout! There are many places you and a group of friends can get a friendly game of volleyball going in the city.
5 reasons why it is good for your health:
- Improve muscle strength
- Help improve your coordination
- Speed and balance
- Burns calories and fat, benefits cardiovascular health,
- Boosts mood
Go out and attack some of the free/low cost opportunities around Philadelphia:
- Philadelphia Volleyball is an organization that plays volleyball around the city for $5 per year as a membership. (http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Volleyball/)
- Drexel Buckley Green outdoor beach volleyball court is open to the general public for free located on 33rd Street between Market & Arch Street.
- Sand Volleyball at Temple is open to the general public located on N 15th Street & W Norris Street.